Wednesday, April 17, 2013

The Quest

As I mentioned in my last post, I have a new quest I am about to set out on.  Along with that quest I have some goals I am aiming to accomplish which will help determine the success of my quest.  There are really two large goals - 1. To learn how to care for myself and my things.  2. To learn how to be free.  Wow, as I write those I am immediately impressed with the enormity of those goals.  They're pretty huge, and I'm not even sure in the slightest how I am going to accomplish them, but then, that's what the quest is for.  I don't know where this quest will lead me or what I will face on the journey, but I am hoping it will end with my accomplishing these two goals.

Now, I am a huge planner and I would love nothing more than to plan this quest out to the nth degree.  However, that would only delay me in starting and would, in some ways, defeat the purpose of this quest.  So, the first thing I will be doing is NO PLANNING.  This will be a spontaneous quest.  I will do this.  I can do this.  It will not end terribly just because I did not plan it.  I will not die from not knowing what lies in front of me.  I will be alright with not knowing or controlling how things turn out.  There, my pep talk is done; now, let's move on.

While I will not plan this quest, what I will do is lay out some of the things I need to accomplish on this quest.  They are as follows:
To learn how to care for myself and my things --
1. Develop a solid sense of self-worth in order to establish the importance of caring for myself.
2. Develop the habit of caring for my body and my health in general
3. Develop the habit of caring for my property
4. Maintaining clean living spaces on a regular basis

To learn how to be free --
1. Try one new activity every two weeks
2. Try one new food every week
3. Learn how to lose myself in something
4. Pay down debt (this is a huge one for me in being able to feel like I can be free)
5. Learn how to worry less and have more fun

I know some of these seem really general or vague, at least they do to me, but that's the best I can do for now.  These are areas that I know will be hard for me on this quest but I am so tired of things being the same way.  I need to change.  I probably can't do all this on my own, so it's a really good thing I have a great Friend who will be with me along the way.  He promised to never leave me or forsake me and I believe Him.  Well, here I go.  Wish me luck!!


No comments: