Saturday, February 16, 2013

The Next Big Thing

It's Saturday morning and I am finally enjoying a little bit of down time.  As per the usual, my down time results in me thinking up an hundred and one grand ideas but very little energy or motivation to get them done.  However, it's not all bad.  Usually one or two of my grand ideas manages to hang on and I do end up working on something.  My question this time is, what's the next big thing for me?  What area of my life do I focus on so that I can make a big difference in that area?  Over the past year I have found it very difficult to juggle all the things I am working on, all the roles in life I am trying to play, but recently, I feel like that has started to change.  I am starting to become more comfortable with my work and get into a routine there that allows me to meet my obligations and do my job well.  I am becoming more intentional about taking care of myself and managing my health.  I have somewhat of a handle, albeit a small one, on maintaining my house and taking care of providing good food for me and my husband.  There is still a TON of work for me to do, but I feel as though I am finally starting to get the hang of it.

So, what does that mean for my grand ideas?  Well, I don't know.  What I do know is that I work best when I have a project I am working on or I have a specific goal I am trying to attain.  I guess that's where my grand ideas come in.  Those grand ideas keep me going, they keep me moving and motivated to do more.  When I don't have any grand ideas, or things I am working on, I fall into being lazy and even depressed.  Working is good for me and working toward something that excites me is even better.  Grand ideas are a good thing.

That all being said, which of my grand ideas should I focus on next?  I don't have an answer for that question right now, but I do have an idea that will help me decide.  I've decided that the next thing I work on should be something I can blog about.  This blog helps me think through things and motivates me to do things, so it would act as a great support in helping me complete my next big scheme.  As for which scheme I should start next, here are a few of the ideas I have:

Trying new recipes each week that are healthy and budget friendly that I can also complete with my busy schedule

Organizing my house and trying new ways to streamline the process of home maintenance.

Writing movie, music and books reviews as an outlet to express myself

Writing about health trends and products that I have used or found useful

Resuming writing my book and making some good progress


These are all ideas that will take a lot of work on my part, yet I really would like to complete all of them.  However, I know that I can only tackle them one at a time.  That means I need to pick just one and focus on that.  Perhaps it should be the most pressing one or maybe the most exciting one. I don't know.  Let me get back to you on that.  In the meantime, if you have any preferences as to which idea you would like to see me posting about here on the blog, leave me a comment and let me know.  I would love the feedback!

No comments: