Monday, March 18, 2013

RSS Feed

I went to check my email this morning and to my surprise noticed that my RSS feed had exploded with 14 "new" posts from my blog.  You might be thinking, "Wow, you have been busy in the past 24 hours."  There's just one problem.  I haven't posted anything since last week.  Being curious as to what this all meant, I checked the feed to see what these new posts were.  All of them were more than a year old.  "Hmm," I thought.  "Maybe someone commented or posted something on them that caused the feed to read them as new."  I checked my comments and posts and there was nothing new.

I was thinking this was really strange and mentioned it to Mr. Darcy to see if he could make sense of it and he informed me that it happened to his feed too.  *Sigh*  Technology acting up is no fun.  After a quick Google search to try and figure out what was going on, I found some info on a forum about RSS feeds.  Most of what was posted made absolutely no sense to me and the instructions I tired to follow didn't jive with the settings layout of my blog.  I've decided the best thing to do is just leave it alone and see what it does in the next week.  In the meantime, I needed to mark all the "new" posts as read so my feed would stop looking like it had taken a hefty dose of steroids.

As I sifted through the 15 posts that had shown up in my feed, I was struck by all the things I have experienced in the past 2-3 years.  It was also quite amazing to see the progression I had made in certain areas during that time period.  Sometimes we forget where we came from and how we arrived at certain point.  It becomes so familiar to be here that it feels as though we have always been there.  Of course, we have not "always" been there, and seeing that journey played out for us again is quite amazing.

Reading old posts always brings up a lot of emotions and remembrances for me.  This time was no different. What was different, however, was my ability to be objective and healthily detached from what I was reading.  That very rarely occurs for me, and I think it is an indication of how much I have healed, how far I have come, in this crazy journey called life.  It's strange to me that an RSS feed problem would end up reminding me of hurts, growth, and triumph in my own life, but there it is.  I'm sorry for those of you who may have experienced trouble from my feed as well.  However, I'm not all that sad that I had to deal with it this morning.  It was a refreshing way to start the day.

No comments: