Thursday, January 24, 2013

Thankful

Today I am thankful.  I'm thankful for a husband who is honest with me and loves me, who doesn't shy away from telling me both the good and the bad.  A husband who loves me enough to help me be a better person.

Today I am thankful for good memories and the friends who helped me make those memories.  I am thankful for the laughter, the tears, the hugs, the adventures, and all the stuff in between.  Thankful I can recall those memories at any moment and feel them wrap me up in the biggest virtual/imaginary hug that exists.

Today I am thankful.  Despite all the hurts, despite so many uncertainties, despite frustrations and disappointments, despite the gray clouds gathering on the horizon, I am thankful.  Despite the voices in my head yelling at me that everything is about to fall apart, I am thankful.

In this moment of so many overwhelming emotions and terrifying fears, in this moment of crushing despair and heart-wrenching sadness, I choose to see the things of beauty all around me.  I choose to see the sun hiding behind the ominous clouds.  I choose to see the mercy and grace that have ruled my life in generous abundance.  I choose to see the love that is all around me and I am thankful.

No comments: