Sunday, August 2, 2009

Life In Colorado

Today completes my first full week on my own here in Colorado. It's been an adventure for most of it but I have to admit that I starting to feel rather lonely. I have made phone calls to talk to family and friends and this weekend I saw my dad for a couple of days. All these things have been great and I have really enjoyed being here, but I do miss home. Things will get very busy starting tomorrow when my classes begin and I am sure that will take my mind off the loneliness. Other than loneliness I am actually enjoying myself here. I had my internet service hooked up this weekend and I am now able to communicate with people via the internet. It also means I can print my notes for class and prepare myself for the next two weeks. Having glanced at the syllabus for just one of my classes I am certain there will be little time for anything else except homework these next few days. The intensive will be just that and I am actually looking forward to it. I am a little concerned about keeping up, but the best thing to do is just go in and give it my best; so that's what I am going to do. As for the countryside here, things are beautiful. I could not have asked for a more glorious place to live. I have mountains, trees, grass, and streams. There are several bridges that cross over small streams around town and I have thoroughly enjoyed walking over them hearing the water rushing beneath me. The campus is laid out like an Italian village with brick buildings and tiled roofs. It's amazing! As I walk across campus I get the feeling I have been transported to some small European village. It is what I have always dreamt a college campus should be. So, while I am a bit homesick and wishing that my friends were here with me I am happy with my surrounding and looking forward to living here. I'm sure there will be more adventures and goings on here in Colorado to post about and I will write when I can. Until then, good bye.

No comments: