Saturday, October 3, 2009

Colorado

It's Fall here in Colorado and I am amazed each day at the beauty unfolding around me. The trees are turning colors ranging from bright golden yellow to deep burgundy. It's absolutely gorgeous! I have been riding my bike to school at least four times a week and it is so cool to ride through a path of trees with their leaves lit up with the wonderful Fall colors. I feel like I have been transported to some heavenly realm. :) I now understand why people who live in areas that have Fall, love it so much. It has also been very cold here and I am having to adjust. Yesterday morning I rode my bike in 40 degree weather and my body was not at all happy about it. It was quite possibly the worst bike ride I have ever been on. My ears ached from the cold for a full hour after the ride and I coughed the entire day as my respiratory system tried to adjust to weather below 60 degrees. This morning I woke up with just the slightest hint of a cold, but it is nothing I can't handle. I was sick last week with some strange bug that made me feel gross but didn't have any strong symptoms. It took me three days to get over, but I got to rest a lot and I am much better now. Life here in CO has been great and I am finding myself settling in with much ease. I truly love it here. I am so excited to see the seasons and experience the changes that will happen. I'm even a little excited to live somewhere that has snow during the winter. Maybe I won't be saying the same things a year from now, but I have a hunch I will. Colorado seems to be a place out of a storybook. Like the far off lands I read about as a child and wished so badly I could go to. It's so quaint and almost perfect. Sometimes I find myself wondering if I am really living here, if this place really exists. But it does and I am so glad it does. Colorado has become my home away from home, my wonderful hiding place from the craziness of life.

No comments: