Thursday, December 6, 2012

December

Oh, goodness, it's happened again.  I've had so many things I wanted to write about that I let myself get overwhelmed and then didn't write anything. :( 

Well, it's been a couple months since I posted on here, so I guess I better catch up.  There's been a lot going on, from elections to Thanksgiving, to getting ready for Christmas.  It's been a wonderful few weeks and I am so excited about life these days.  My job is absolutely a dream come true for me.  I am learning a lot and my boss is allowing me to try new things and improve my skills.  My Thanksgiving was absolutely fantastic!  It was the first time I felt like I was with family in a long time.  There was great food, good friends, lots of pies, and much laughter.  Plus, I got to make a few additions and changes to the hosue that will benefit us long term.  As one friend put it, I now have an adult house.

Now, the Christmas season is officially here and I am busy celebrating.  We started putting up Christmas lights over the weekend and I went out and got new Christmas decorations.  Mr. Darcy and I bought our first Christmas tree as a married couple.  It was fun too set it up in our first house together.  I know, I know, it all sounds so ridiculously sentimental of me, but I LOVE IT!  Tonight we get to decorate the tree and tomorrow it's Christmas Cookie Extravaganza with one of my best friends.  I've been playing Christmas music for the past week now and I am looking forward to hearing so much more before the holiday begins.
There's lots more to write, but I will have to do it later.  I think maybe I should post some pictures soon too.  Here's to a lovely Christmas season with all sorts of fun, including blogging!

No comments: