Tuesday, November 6, 2007

A Note

I'm always amazed at the incredible turns in the road I seem to stumble across in this journey known as life. Just when I think I have things figured out something comes along and everything changes. I have experienced more change in the past two weeks than I ever have before. It's certainly not a bad thing, but it has been hard to deal with. Thankfully I have had the time to recuperate this past week and so I feel much better and able to handle things. I have been dealing with hurt, grief, confusion, and loss, and somewhere in the middle of all this I am in love. It's a wild and wacky mix but it's me for now. What amazes me most about everything is the way the Lord has put people on my path to help me during this time. I have some great friends that have been so helpful and supportive, a man that amazes me with his strength and support and his ability to care, and an unexpected new acquaintance that has proven to be just the encouraging voice I need at this moment. God has been so good to me and I am so thankful for His constant care for me and His watching out for me. Without Him how lost I would be.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I must say that it is not my habit to comment on someone’s blog that I don’t even know. But I couldn’t help myself. Your continual reference to love probed me. The topic of love has always been of great interest to me. I have studied the scriptural meaning of the word in every possible form. But the greatest form to me is the love of God. His is a love that is unconditional, a love that is everlasting, a love that never fails. In the epistle of I John, John talks about that if we do not love the brethren then we do not love God. As I was studying the 4th chapter of I John the other day, I realized something. In verse 8 it says that God is Love, and what the Lord showed me was this. If you love someone, people will be able to see Me (God) in that love. This Love will satisfy us, however, if it is god it will be something that honors and glorifies Him and will be a testimony of Him.

I noticed also that you had a portion of one of my favorite verses posted I Corinthians 13. That verse really gives you the black ad white aspects of what Love really is. I read it in the Message translation be Eugene Peterson the other day and it made the definition even clearer. Her let me post it for you:

Love never gives up.
Love cares more for others than for self.
Love doesn't want what it doesn't have.
Love doesn't strut,
Doesn't have a swelled head,
Doesn't force itself on others,
Isn't always "me first,"
Doesn't fly off the handle,
Doesn't keep score of the sins of others,
Doesn't revel when others grovel,
Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth,
Puts up with anything,
Trusts God always,
Always looks for the best,
Never looks back,
But keeps going to the end.

Love never dies. Inspired speech will be over some day; praying in tongues will end; understanding will reach its limit. We know only a portion of the truth, and what we say about God is always incomplete. But when the Complete arrives, our incompletes will be canceled.

But for right now, until that completeness, we have three things to do to lead us toward that consummation: Trust steadily in God, hope unswervingly, love extravagantly. And the best of the three is love.

I hope that this word has as much of an effect on you as it did on me. I was once a person with much hate in my life. There was an individual that I had know for what seemed all my life and I hated them to the point that if I was any where near them I was enraged. I refused to sit by them in church or in school. I had to be forced to allow them to play with me. It was ridicules. But in order to change that I really had to go to God and ask Him to change my heart, and he did. Now this person and me are the best of friends.

femaleparadox said...

Whoever you may be, thank you for your comment. It came at just the right time. Please feel free to comment any time. Thank you for the Scripture post. It was a much-needed reminder of what true love is. Bless you.