Thursday, November 29, 2007

This and That

This week has been interesting. I am having to get used to working full-time, which is not fun, and I am still trying to sort things out in my life and figure out where I am headed. There have been so many good things and some not so good things, but life overall is good and God is still such a wonderful God, Jesus such an amazing Savior. One thing about working is that, aside from the extra money, I am gaining some really good experience and I am busy so there isn't too much time to reflect on the things in my life that I wish were different or even better. There have been a lot of good times the past few weeks and I have had a lot of "first's". For instance, I went to my first college basketball game last night. It was fun. I really enjoyed myself. I ate dippin' dots ice cream for the first time and that was, uh, interesting (?). I've tried more new foods in the past three weeks than in my whole life and there have been other experiments as well (lol). I am excited at this moment to discover all the things I have never had the opportunity to see and do and I am filled with anticipation at what the Lord has in store for me. There are the hard things to deal with as well, but God has given me some incredible friends to help me through those times. He has restored family relationships that have been ruined for years and He has brought people back into my life that have been gone for far too long. I know Thanksgiving was last week, but I am finding myself overwhelmed with a sense of gratitude and thanks to the Lord for the many blessings He has poured out on me and for all the wonderful provisions He has made. There is no way to express all the praise, thanks, and adoration He is worthy of, and no way to express just how much He means to me and how much I love Him. As I prepare to enter this Christmas season, I know that it will be the hardest one I have ever had to face, but the thought that I will have the opportunity to spend several weeks celebrating what God did in sending Jesus to this earth is a wonderful feeling. I'm so glad I have something to celebrate this season, and no matter how bad things may seem or feel there will always be something to rejoice about, something to celebrate.

No comments: