Monday, April 28, 2008

TV Show

So I'm sitting here watching CSI Miami on TV because there is absolutely nothing else on to watch, and I am wondering how it is that so many bad actors are able to have a weekly show that is not canceled. I have never liked David Caruso as an actor and I have never thought he was good-looking, and I have always been puzzled as to why others were of a different opinion. His signature move is to say these stupid one-liners while pretending to be the coolest man on the planet. He looks so ridiculous and is so far from believable that I am amazed he is allowed to keep acting. Why would someone hire him to play any part? He is TERRIBLE!!!!! Given that I am not a Caruso fan, I have never really been drawn to watching CSI Miami, but, as I mentioned, there is nothing else on tonight. Very reluctantly I decided not to change the channel, figuring I could suffer through Caruso and focus on the plot and the other actors. However, that has proven to be disappointing. The other actors in the show are so incredibly bad that I find myself wondering how it is they ever were given a job. The show has an abundance of cheesy lines that are poorly delivered, making them impossible to digest. Honestly, I think I could act better! Another thought - what is it exactly Caruso does in the show? He never processes a scene, works the evidence or does any of the investigating. He just shows up at the crime scenes and stands there in some "studly" pose, whipping his sunglasses on and off his face, preparing to growl his lines out in what I am sure he thinks is a sexy, very masculine deep voice. Can anyone say, "Oh, gag me!!!"? Why does this show continue to run? It can't even hold a candle to the other two CSI shows and, frankly, I would think that Jerry Bruckheimer would see it as a colossal offense to his talents. It is one of the worst shows I have ever watched. Oh well. I guess I have made my point and should stop ranting. I am sure there are more important things out there to focus my attention on. Still, I wish people would be offended by the trash that is being offered them and would demand that better shows with real actors be shown. Ok, I'll stop for real this time. (hehe)

No comments: