Thursday, April 24, 2008

Various

Ive been wanting to post for the past few days but haven't been able to. Either I haven't had the time or I have been unable to put my thoughts into words. It is the writer's fate to always be wanting to write and yet not always being able to write. I am thankful when I can manage to make time constraints and creative constraints work themselves out and I find myself in front of the computer typing out a new post. There is something quite relieving about it. The chance to express myself freely is exhilarating and helps me make sense of the numerous topics and ideas that are constantly running through my mind. This week I have been very busy but I have enjoyed most of what I have been doing. I was given the chance to work with some really great people on a project that is a worthwhile endeavor and the work that I am doing for this project is mostly stuff I really enjoy doing. Call me strange, but I enjoy making out place cards and placing ribbons on things to make them look nice. I enjoy organizing things and putting things in order and I enjoy helping people. So, the work side of things has been pretty good. As for the personal side of who I am, things have been pretty good as well. I got to make people happy this week, and I always enjoy that. I had gotten a gift for someone and I was dying to give it to them and this week I was able to. I love doing that. Giving something to someone that you know they will love is one of the best feelings in the world. I started the process of returning to school in the fall and I am excited about the different opportunities I have in front of me. I did get some rather scary news from the doctor this week, but there is really no point in my overreacting. There is not much I can do at this point except wait and see what the outcome will be and hope and pray that it turns out to be nothing. The doctor was very kind and I greatly appreciate everything he is doing for me. It is a comfort to know that he is trying to help me the best way he knows how. I also learned a lesson this week (Hurrah! I'm not too old to learn!). I am very critical of ditsy girls who act ten years younger and less intelligent than they really are. I have blogged about them, complained about them, and been a bit of a snob towards them. That's not to say that I have never been friends with anyone like that. The outlook was more of a general one than a specific one, but still, it was a flawed one. I realized this week that that type of girl may act that way and get on my nerves, or be a little difficult to handle at times, but many of them are really sweet people. They have no inhibitions about caring for people and letting people know that they care. I realized that my biased view of them is a result of unpleasant things I have experienced at the hands of people similar to them, and it really isn't fair of me to write them all off as people that will do the same thing. Yes, there are generalities and common themes in human behavior, but that does not mean that we should write people off as a certain type of person without really getting to know them. Also, I think I would be far less critical of others if I spent more time finding the good in them and less time focusing on the flaws that seem to be so glaring. Perhaps their flaws wouldn't be so glaring and their good points would seem so much more noticeable. So, that about sums up this week. There is always more I could write but I am not sure how I would write it. Plus, I wouldn't want you to grow tired from reading and have to stop midway through the post so you could rest. Lol. Just kidding.

No comments: