Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Moving

I'm moving! I am finally moving into a permanent place to live, at least for the next year or so, and I am excited! I have some place that I can decorate, clean-up, fix-up, and pretty much do whatever I want to with. That's great, right? It is, but it is SO much work! I can't believe how much responsibility it is. There is carpet and tile to pick out and then have laid and there are painting decisions to be made, and sometimes un-made. There is the placing of furniture as well as choosing which pieces to use and which to not use. There are appliances to buy and cleaning supplies to get, as well as regular household items that are lacking. And, there is a massive amount of cleaning that needs to be done. I think sometimes I am losing my mind trying to do everything that needs to be done. Just when I have finished one thing, I find that there are ten more waiting for me to do. There are phones to connect, locksmiths to call, addresses to change, and, of course, the packing of all my stuff so that I can actually move myself into the new place. Sheesh!!!!!! Don't get me wrong, I am very grateful for the chance to live in a place that is my own and not borrowed or rented, and I am very excited with the opportunity to decorate the way I want to and to have a say in what goes on where I live. I just never imagined that it would be this hard. I'm not complaining, just noticing. I can say that it has given me a much greater respect for those who have done it for quite some time now. I never thought that "living" could be so complicated. It makes some of the things done by my parents and other "grown ups" I have known make much more sense.
I am sure when it is all over with that I will be thrilled with the amazing chance I have been given and will be perfectly happy with not only what I have accomplished (with lots and lots and lots of help) but with what I have. My place really is nice. I have nice neighbors and great views, and so much more. So, I guess I will ignore how tired I am for now, keep pushing forward until I finish what needs to be done, and in the end I will be happy I did.

No comments: