Friday, May 23, 2008

This Summer

Summer is upon me and I am not sure I am happy about it. There seem to be so many things to do, so many mountains to cross, and so many goals to reach. There are some really good things on the horizon for me but I am missing the sense of excitement I feel like should be there. I want to take on the challenges that are facing me but I am not sure I am up to it. I will be working more this summer than I ever have before and I will be facing things in my personal life that are completely new for me. Of course none of that is bad and I don't want to complain about it; I'm just not sure of how it will turn out. To give you some idea of the next two months: I have to finish putting my house together, I will then have a house warming, I will have family come to visit, I will travel to California to visit family, I will help a friend have a baby shower, I will be studying for the GRE, I will be scheduling classes and work for the fall, I will be valiantly trying (and succeeding) at getting in shape, and of course I will be working. I'm actually glad that I have a lot to do because it will keep me busy, but I have to admit that I am a bit fearful of the outcome. What if I fail at doing everything and I can't start the fall the way I need to? What if it proves to be too much for me to handle? I don't know. Maybe I am totally overreacting. I guess there isn't really much for me to do but take it one step at a time and just keep trying to reach all my goals. If I don't get to all of them I guess it won't be the end of the world; I'll just be disappointed. When I stop and look at things seriously I know that they are do-able and I know that I am actually very excited about many things; I just need to not let those things overwhelm me. So, I will be practicing relaxing a great deal and hopefully this summer I will learn a little bit more about not stressing over things that don't need to be stressed over. =)

No comments: