Thursday, June 11, 2009

Wedding Dress Shopping

So I went to look at wedding dresses today. I asked my mom to come with me and we visited two stores and I tried on at least 12 dresses. It was rather difficult to keep track of how they all looked, but I am glad I tried them on. It was actually a rather tiring exercise and I am amazed at how worn out I am after the task, but it was a lot of fun. This is the first tangible experience I've had in my wedding planning and I was thrilled to be doing it. It was a pain getting in and out of dresses and having to waltz out into the main store area in dresses that looked good as well as the ones that were a train wreck, but it was so fun to imagine myself as the most beautiful bride in the world walking down the aisle to marry the one I love. I have about 11 months before the wedding and you're not really supposed to order you dress until 6 to 7 months before the wedding, but I wanted to get a good start before I move to Colorado. The first shop we went to I tried on some dresses and there were 2 dresses that I really liked but I wasn't really sure about them. Then we went to a shop where my friend works. I had been in the shop a few months ago and had tried on a dress just for kicks that I had actually really liked. I was eager to get back to this dress and see if I still really liked it and what my mom thought of the dress. When we got to the store we looked at several other dresses and lined up some to try on. The first one put on was the one liked before. It was still beautiful and I loved the way it made me look, but, I wasn't sure it was the one for me. So I kept trying on. Then, my friend pulled out a "princess" style dress. I was sure I wasn't going to like it, but I was willing to try. The dress was beautiful and it looked wonderful on me. I couldn't believe it when I saw myself in the mirror. I really looked like something out of a dream. The style of the dress was gorgeous and pretty close to perfect for me. It accentuated all the things about me that are nice and hid the things that are not so nice. It was modest without being stuffy or old fashioned and I felt so beautiful in it. My mom liked it, me friend liked it, and I liked it. Now, the price, that I didn't like, which leads me to my next statement. I didn't get the dress. The price on it was pretty high and I am not sure that I want or even can pay that much for the dress. I think it is the right dress for me but I am not 100% sure and I don't want to spend that amount of money unless I am absolutely sure that is what I want. So, although I felt that the dress was pretty perfect, I am taking a deep breath and will think about things at least for a few days before I take that giant plunge. I have a couple of months before I have to order anything and I am hoping that will be enough time for me to decide what to do. I am sure everything will be fine and will turn out right, but I have to admit that I am crossing my fingers and hoping the "right" thing is the thing I have always dreamed of. We will see!!!!! =D

No comments: