Monday, June 16, 2008

My Birthday

It's my birthday today and I must say that thus far it has been one of the best birthdays I have ever had. Normally my annual celebration of getting older is not all that exciting and for the most part I must say that it has been something of dread for me. But this year that has not been the case and I am so happy it hasn't. I decided to do most of my celebrating this past weekend as that was when my friends and family were free to be with me. I took the day off Friday and spent it with my best friend. We had so much fun together. We really just hung out and relaxed. I went to see Kung Foo Panda and I loved it!!!!! Such a funny movie! We had dinner and then we met up with several other friends and went bowling. I know, that probably sounds a bit strange to most of you but it was really fun. We did the cyber bowl which is where the entire alley is darkened but the lanes are lit up and there are these sort of disco lights that shed light over the lanes. There are large screens at the back of the lanes and they are showing videos while music is playing. They played new stuff and old stuff, slow stuff, country stuff, and just about every genre out there. It was great! I haven't had that much fun in forever. Of course I looked completely ridiculous in my bowling shoes because I was wearing a skirt that night. I actually looked like something out of a 1950's movie. Pretty hilarious! My friends and I had so much fun from dancing to the music to doing really well in bowling and doing really horribly in bowling. We were rolling balls down the alleys granny style or just letting them roll from very far back. It was so funny. I'm sure anyone watching us was laughing at us. Anyway, I was glad we went. It was everything I wanted it to be, and I got some very cool DS games out of the whole deal. Hoorah!!!! Saturday I played Mario Kart on a friend's Wii and ran some errands. After that I got more birthday presents, ones that I was uber happy about. There were two that were very sentimental and they are now sitting on my dresser to remind me of the wonderful person that gave them to me, and the other one I was ecstatic about and oh so grateful for. After all that I met and had ice cream with my mom and sisters. That was good too. Sunday, I went to church and that was just awesome. I love how God reaches down and speaks to us through His Word and through those that He has placed in ministry. The sermon in church was just what I needed and it was so encouraging for me. After church I got another present and a card from a very special person and I have to tell you, it made my day, my weekend, my birthday. (Sighhhhhhhhh) Then I celebrated my dad and that was fun too. I found a great card and wrapped his present and gave it to him. We had lunch and told funny stories. It was a good time. The rest of the day was pretty laid back and I spent the evening trying to catch up on some things. Today I'm at work. Not much of a birthday present but I am enjoying the numerous text messages and facebook greetings that have found their way to me. I even got a voice mail from my kid sister singing me Happy Birthday. It was great! So, this has definitely been one of the best birthdays I have ever had and the day is still not over. That's a good feeling! This week will be kinda stressful for me but I think this past weekend was a good preparation for it. I guess we'll see what happens and I will keep you posted.

No comments: