Sunday, October 12, 2008

About My Week

It's been an interesting week for me. I would say that it's been a little on the rough side but there have been many good things in it too. I had things happen this week that I was not expecting at all and to be quite honest, they really irritated me, but I did learn some things this week. To start off, I learned that God is indeed a merciful God and He is always watching out for me. I had several things I needed to get done and I was not feeling confident about them at all. I was really wanting to give up and just say I couldn't do it, it was too much to handle. Somehow, though, in the midst of it all I found the strength to push myself and to keep going, and now I am really glad I did. I had great news in my classes, which really encouraged me, and I saw again what great friends and family I have, which helped get past some things that I have been personally struggling with. I had a bit of a fiasco at my house this week, but even in that the Lord was so faithful to make provisions and give me just what I needed in that time. I am so thankful for the friends He provided and that He took care of the situation. I have to admit that it was hard for me to look at the glass as "half full", but I decided that I needed to, and now I am glad I did because it really was half full. I have realized about myself that I have learned numerous bad habits over the past several years of my life. Maybe it was my environment and maybe it was my proclivity towards certain weaknesses. Whatever the case, the habits are there and they need to be broken. I know this with my head, but when it comes time to doing something about it or making an active decision to make a change I shy away from what is difficult. I usually resort to what it comfortable, to what is habitual. This week, I think I won a battle in that fight. I realized that knowing you have a problem and not doing anything about it will not solve anything. You have to face it and deal with it, even when that feels extremely unpleasant. I didn't want to remain positive when my house was torn up, or when I was really missing my family, or when I felt like things right now are really hard to deal with; but I made a decision to do so, and now I am really happy I did. There have been a lot of good outcomes this week, despite all the frustrating things, and the good is what I choose to focus on. My house is a bit torn up, sure, but I get new walls and new paint out of it! I miss my family very much, but it will not always be this way and I can continue to work so that it doesn't stay this way. I don't like my crazy schedule and the fact that there is never enough time to do what I want and need to and to see the people I want to see, but it won't always be that way and I can get through this relatively short time of discomfort in order to obtain a goal that is far better. So, despite my crazy week I am feeling much more optimistic and encouraged as I start to face a new week. I know that learning to be positive and focusing on the good rather than the bad is not something learned overnight, but at least I have a good start and I am sticking with it. =D

No comments: