Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Dreams

The month just started and it seems to be gone already. I can't believe how much time flies! I have so many things to do, so many things I want to do, and so many things I will never have the chance to do. I could keep fretting about it, but I have decided that is pretty much pointless and I will focus on what I can do and must do and leave the rest to take care of itself. My schedule has been crazy for the past two months and I keep hoping that it will change, but I am now accepting that it won't, at least not any time soon. I have also decided that instead of wasting valuable time and energy hoping it will loosen up a bit, I am going to focus all my time and energy on doing what I need to do right now and making that as successful as possible. I have a lot of dreams and a lot of ambitions. There are so many things that I want to do and accomplish, and most of them have very little to do with myself. There are so many causes I would like to help, so many people whose lives I would love to touch; but I find myself asking how I do it all. It leads me to often wonder if perhaps someone can dream too much or have too many goals. I don't have an answer for that, but I don't know how to stop myself from dreaming and always reaching, so I just try to do the best I can and pray it is enough for now. It's funny, though, I seem to be that way about so many things in my life. I want to work in my field so badly. My biggest dream is to make a difference in the lives of people living with disorders; and that's what I strive for the most at this point. But, there are so many other things I like to do as well. The musician inside me is always screaming to get out. At this point I would love nothing better than for someone to give me the opportunity to do a concert. I just think it would be so much fun! The stage, the musicians, the music! *Sigh* There are other things as well that I would love to do. There are works I wish I could be involved in and groups I wish I could help. How do I do it all is the question. I have no effective way of doing it right now, but I will keep trying because there is something inside me that drives me and spurs me on. I can't get away from it. I think about it during the day and dream about it at night. The only answer I can see is to keep at it and hope that maybe one day I will be closer to realizing all the dreams I have that I am right now. At least that is a comforting thought.

No comments: