Tuesday, January 15, 2008

My New Year's

Well, it's taken me longer than anticipated to get back to this blog. Recovering from my viral infection has taken longer than I wanted, but that's the breaks, as my aunt always said. My 2007 closed with moments with my friends, several hours with my dad, and a two hour conversation with my best friend. The week between Christmas and New Year's was a very lonely one for me. Most of my friends were out of town and I wasn't feeling very well. But, on New Year's Eve some of my friends came to see me and it was good to finally have someone to be with again. We didn't do anything especially different; just ate, talk, and played pool, which, amazingly enough I managed to win at a couple of times, and not by default. That night my dad and I went to a double feature movie. We say Alvin and the Chipmunks and the new National Treasure (must say that was an awesome movie). It was fun to just relax and be with my dad. I think he knew what a hard time I was having and he was trying to ease the pain for me. I love that he can read me like that and that he does what he can to help me out. Anyway, I welcomed the new year by driving home with him. Then, just after midnight, my friend called. I hadn't seen him in almost two weeks and I was really missing him. Aside from the fact that I think he's the most wonderful guy in the world and I love him so much (I know, it sounds corny and mushy, but hey!), he is the one person I feel like I can tell anything to, talk to about anything, be myself without worrying what he will think, and I just really enjoy being with him. So, we talked forever and it was one of those memorable moments in life. At that moment I wouldn't have preferred to be any other place in the world but right where I was at.
The next day I actually had the chance to see the rest of my family for a short bit and that was good. My little sis is growing up so much and I am so proud of her and everything she is becoming. Listening to her tell me about her classes and her work with her professors was absolutely thrilling. I haven't spent too much time with her recently and it was so great to see her. After that I just relaxed for the rest of the day and the next day I worked the late shift so I was able to sleep in the next morning - always a great thing! So, 2008 started quietly but in a good way. I am excited about the coming year and everything that it will bring for me. There are so many things I want to do and accomplish and for the first time in my life I actually have a real hope that I will be successful in my endeavors. There will be much to write about in the coming year so I'm sure those of you who read this will have plenty to keep you happy. I promise to keep you at least slightly entertained and you may even be surprised every now and then when you are truly enthralled with the goings on of my world, if I'm lucky enough to work my writing magic just the right way. Oh, btw, my blog is 1 year and 1 month old and I have posted over 200 times! Amazing! You all have my friends and co-workers to thank for my whimsical ramblings that have filled your time these past months. Thank you for reading!

No comments: