Monday, June 25, 2007

Precious Moments

There are moments in our lives that make our crazy day-to-day living all worth it. I call these precious moments. I had one today with my nephew. I had just brought him in from swimming and was setting him up to watch his favorite dvd. I leaned over to kiss him and tell him that I love him and he kissed me with his wet cold swimming lips and said, "I wove you". He says "I love you" with all the sincerity someone could say it. There are no hidden agendas, no feelings of obligation, just simple love. His big brown eyes look up at me with such innocence. I want to take him and hold him forever. I know I probably shouldn't say it, but I hope he won't grow up. I know he will, but there's a part of me that wants him to remain the sweet, innocent little boy he is now.
There are other precious moments, like when someone does something small for you that maybe no one else would notice, but they notice you need something and silently get it for you, and it means a lot to you. Moments when you feel like your heart will break because you love someone so much. Moments when your family lets you know how much they love you, just when you thought they would be so much better off without you. I could go on forever, but I won't. These moments make life special and it some ways make it worth living. It's the times when you express and receive love that make living enjoyable and the precious moments we all experience are the bright spots in our lives.

No comments: