Monday, June 25, 2007

Sweet Peace

"What a friend we have in Jesus, all our sins and griefs to bear.
What a privilege to carry everything to God in prayer.
Oh what peace we often forfeit, oh what needless pain we bear.
All because we do not carry everything to God in prayer."
Those are the words to one of my favorite songs. Perhaps I like them so much because they have been so true throughout my life. There has been no better friend than Jesus and truly I have found a solace in Him countless times. He is the reason I am still standing on my own two feet today, still in my right mind (yes, I believe I am even if you don't), able to be successful and strive to be more successful. It is always amazing to me how much of a comfort Jesus is and what He can do when I go to Him in prayer. My life right now is hard, for numerous reasons, but somehow I am at total peace and I have real joy. The only reason for this is Jesus and His precious Holy Spirit. When I fall on my face in prayer and ask Him to help me do what I have not the strength to do, He always comes through for me. I was reminded of a Scripture last night that says, "I can do all things through Christ Who is my strength." When I go to God in prayer and cry out to Him for help there is nothing I cannot do with His help. I can face the most difficult situation, I can win the the most dreadful struggle, I can deal with the most awful hurt and pain, I can always do what's right when He is my strength. I can't do it on my own, but I can lean back into the arms of Jesus and rest in Him knowing there is no greater friend than He and He will take care of me. It is truly wonderful to have the peace that passes all understanding guarding your heart and your mind, giving you the strength to do what God has asked of you and renewing your faith, hope, and joy while you are doing it.

No comments: