Monday, October 22, 2007

The Last Four Days

I have been in East Texas for that past four days and it was quite the adventure. I drove there with my seven siblings. A 20 hour drive with all of us in one vehicle -- imaging all the "fun" we had! Actually, it was a pretty good time. There were a lot of laughs, some grumpiness, and a whole lot of sleeping to waste away the time. When we got to our destination we spent two days with my massive family. There were at least 40 members of my family that we said hello to and visited with. At the end of each day we were exhausted just from talking all day. But, it was a good trip. It was really nice to be back in East Texas. The weather was beautiful and the green trees and grass was a nice switch from the Tucson scenery. It was nice to walk down the street, recalling all the summers I spent there. Of course, I learned that walking was not something the locals do. After my second walk down the main city streets I fond out why. My sisters and I had more cat calls and men stopping their cars to talk to us than we ever do in Tucson. So much for a sweet small Southern town! It was really nice to see all my family members again and catch up with everyone on what they had been doing over the past few years. The nicest part of the trip was that fact that I wasn't at work. It always amazes me how God works. My trip wasn't a joy ride by any means, but it did provide an opportunity for some breathing space that I desperately needed and couldn't have come at a more opportune time. Besides, I found some awesome chocolate while I was there and that will keep me happy for at least the next few weeks. All kidding aside, I was afraid the trip would end up being a sad one but the Lord was more than gracious, He spared me and my family from a devastating heartache, and He gave time to spend with each other away from the crazy everyday norm of our lives. I really enjoyed myself, had several really good laughs, shed a few tears, got lots and lots of hugs (yea!!!!), and was happy to return home last night. So, now I am facing the week with a bit more encouragement than I've had in a while and I am hoping things will remain at least calm enough to deal with on a rational level. = ]

No comments: