Sunday, October 14, 2007

Morning Came

Truly God is so good. He met me today and turned all my sorrow into joy. I went to church wanting so desperately to experience the presence of God and He met me there. It was AWESOME and so incredibly amazing. It was just what I need. The songs so minstered to me. Here is a sample of the words that touched me:
A mighty fortress is our God; a bulwark never failing.
Our helper He amid the flood; of mortal ills prevailing.
For still our ancient foe doth seek to work us woe.
His craft and power are great and armed with cruel hate;
On earth is not his equal.
Did we in our own strength confide our striving would be losing.
Were not the right Man on our side; the Man of God's own choosing.
Doth ask who that may be? Christ Jesus it is He.
Lord Sabaoth His name from age to age the same,
And He must win the battle.

God is our refuge and strength, a present help in time of trouble.
Though the mountains shake in the heart of the sea
Though the waters roar and foam, we will not fear.

Fear not, my child, I'm with you always.
I feel every pain and every tear I see.
Fear not my child, I'm with you always.
I know how to care for what belongs to me.

When my way grows drear, Precious Lord, linger near.
When my life is almost gone, hear my cry, hear my call
Take my hand, Lord, lest I fall.
Take my hand, Precious Lord, and lead me home.
Precious Lord, take my hand, lead me on, help me stand.
I am tired, I am weak, I am worn.
Through the storms and through the night lead me on to the light.
Take my hand, Precious Lord and lead me on.

Draw me nearer, nearer, blessed Lord
To the cross where Thou hast died.
Draw me nearer, nearer, blessed Lord
To Thy precious bleeding side.

Jesus is with me when the storm clouds gather.
He's standing by my side when I hear the thunder roll.
He holds my hand when I begin to tremble
When the winds of this world get to blowing strong.

Christ is the Rock on which I stand.
He keeps me safe from the sinking sand.
He pulls me up from the miry clay.
Christ is the Rock, He is the way.

The rest of the service was pretty great as well and my day was filled with the goodness of the Lord. It is always so great to experience the Lord coming to meet you just when you need Him most. I am so thankful and glad He never leaves us or forsakes us. He is always faithful and His love is always sure. He has met me in my time of need once again and I have renewed ability to face life.

No comments: