Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Wednesday

Wow! What a day it's been. Actually, it wasn't that different from most Wednesdays, but the ending of it changed the whole day. I started out kinda dragging because I'm still not fully recovered from this cold I've had for a week now. Work was slow and pretty much uninteresting except for the fun conversations I had with my co-workers, especially that one about dating and marriage, Scott. The rest of the day was nothing terribly exciting or out of the ordinary for me, but around 8:30 tonight things began to look up. First, I had to make about a thirty minute trip to get home and I got to make it with my little brother, whom I absolutely love. Since he's been in college I only get to spend time with him on breaks, so it was nice to be with him, even if we did spend half the time sleeping in the back seat of my mom's car. Then when we were almost home, a thunderstorm hit. I love thunderstorms and this one was pretty big with lightning streaks and hail. To top everything off, when I got home, my niece started a fire and broke out the stuff for s'mores. There is nothing like sitting in your living room while it's cold and rainy outside and roasting marshmallows and making s'mores. That made my day. I know, I know. I can hear my girlfriends saying, "You shouldn't eat that kind of stuff right before bed. Once on the lips, forever on the hips!" Oh well. My hips will have to deal with it 'cause I enjoyed every minute of it and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Isn't it funny how the last hour of a day can define the entire day? In this case I'm thankful it can and did.

No comments: