Saturday, December 30, 2006

Almost a new year

Well, I don't know if I will be able to post tomorrow because I will be pretty busy, so I'm going to post my last posting of 2006 now and if I do more later, great. What do I want to say? How do I sum up one of the wackiest, most difficult, most interesting years I have ever had. 2006 wasn't as difficult as 2005, but maybe that's because I was more able to cope with the hard things that happened. I definitely feel older. I am not far from thirty and quite frankly that is a bit scary. I learned so much this year; I hope it sticks. For the first time in almost three years I didn't lose any friends and for the first time in almost three years I met some new people and made what looks like will be great friends. I got a job (a real one), shock and awe!!! I passed my GRE's, applied to grad school, got denied, got some great experience in my field and took some more classes including my first graduate level class, in which I got an A :), thank you very much. I lost a relationship I really wanted, I lost someone who was very dear to me - Miss Emma, you are missed-, I finally came to terms with the fact that I'm single (and I actually like it now, gasp!), I learned a few things about paying bills -I'm sure there's more to learn-, I had some friends graduate (yes!, finally), I overcame some giant obstacles in my personal life, and I am happier than I've been in my whole life. Jesus became more real than ever and all the blessings I received have left me deeply grateful for the wonderful God I serve. There was so much to this year that it is hard to sum it all up in this one post, but basically it was a good year and hopefully next year will at least be as good; better is also fine with me.

No comments: