Saturday, April 7, 2007

Easter Preparation

Today was a day of major preparation for tomorrow's holiday. I spent all day at my church helping to make sure everything was ready to go from music to decorations to food. It was actually a lot of fun even though there was a lot of work to do. It was nice to be with friends and family and to be able to joke around and have a good time while preparing to celebrate the resurrection of our Lord. I had my camera with me and took several pictures so I could show you all what preparing looks like. Note: some of the people in these pictures have threatened to kill me or otherwise maim me for taking these photos. I wonder what they would do if they knew I had posted them. Hehehe. I love living life!!
This is one of the girls on the kitchen, which never seemed to stay clean.

Ironing, ironing, ironing.

We had to not only wash dishes but then set tables for the two meals we have.

This was our biggest decorating project this year: a 5 ft. cross covered with calla lilies. The first pictures is the group laying out the base for us to stick all the flowers in. The two following show the progression of the cross.





Working with plants.

Me being a dork (Now that's unusual ;] ).

Messing with my cousin.

Practicing

More practicing

So this is just a glimpse of what I've been up to. Tomorrow is going to be busy but wonderful. I hope you all have a great Easter!

No comments: