Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Something Different

I know I already posted for the day, but something really different happened and I just had to blog about it. I guess I should have seen this coming and I feel really stupid that I didn't, but I definitely didn't. I was completely blown away this evening when one of my customers called me at work and asked if I would meet him for dinner when my shift ended. He was pretty persistent and wouldn't take an easy turn down. I wiggled my way out of it this time but he promised to try again and I'm wondering what to do with this guy. He obviously thought about this long enough to plan and call me the one night I work and he let me know that one refusal was not going to be all it took. I was left wondering what to do. My coworker thought I should take him up on his offer and just see what it would be like. He said it would be "a learning experience". While I am very flattered that the man thought well enough of me to ask me out I am still a little shocked that things went that far so quickly. What in the world? I'm so used to being viewed as too intimidating to be forthrightly asked out. Most of the guys that do ask usually phrase it very carefully so as not to get the wrong response from me. You know, the funny thing is I hate turning them down. I feel bad for them and I can't hardly stand to say no fearing that they will feel rejected. It's even worse when you actually like the person who asks you out. I think this guy that asked me out is a pretty nice guy. He's easy to talk to and yet he's has enough intelligence to actually keep a conversation going. He's very polite and seems like a really nice guy. So what do I do with him? That will remain unanswered here.

No comments: