Sunday, April 8, 2007

Easter

Today was *sigh* wonderful. I had such a good time and it was one of the best Easters I can remember. There were good times with friends and family and so much good food! I was so thankful to see my brother there, knowing that the event a week ago could have changed that. Realizing again just how temporary this life is and being so thankful for the time I have with those I love and looking forward to one day seeing those I have lost. The day was a very full one. There was posing for and taking lots of pictures, food preparation and cooking, cleaning up (of course), dressing up (hair, make-up, the works. sheesh!), and lots of joking around. The music we did for the two services was good, but we performed the Easter portion of the "Messiah" for the evening service and I have to say it was pretty darn good. Despite the nerves, the worries over vocal conditions, and the distractions from the audience, the opportunity to perform this amazing work was awesome. There is something so thrilling about singing and playing truly great music and tonight I had a great thrill. The whole day was just so enjoyable. It was great to be reminded of the resurrection of Jesus and what that resurrection means for us. Because Jesus rose from the grave I have power to live the Christian life. I have power over sin in my life, the power to live victoriously in Christ conquering every hurdle that may come my way whether it be something of my own doing or something the devil puts in my way, and most of all I have a new life in Christ. I am no longer bound to the things that used to drag me down, to the things of this world or the reasoning of man, to the limits that are human generally and mine specifically, to the idea that there is nothing more to this life than living and dieing and enjoying the journey. Truly, there is life - life as God intended it with both the spirit and the body being alive - in Christ. I am so thankful that Jesus finished His work, defeated death and Hell and rose again to give me new life and the power to live that new life. Hallelujah! He is risen!

No comments: