Saturday, April 21, 2007

My Week

So, this has been one very full week. It started with a celebration for my aunt and uncle for their 34th wedding anniversary. Can you imagine being married that long. It was really cool to hear them tell how they met and got to know each other and then how they got married. There were some pretty funny stories. Then I had performances all week: four with the group I'm in and five playing for my kids. Nine all together!!!! It was crazy and hectic but it was also a fun. I don't know what it is about music but I have such a good time performing it, especially when I am singing or playing music about Jesus. You know, when life gets super crazy or I feel like I just don't know what I am going to do, I can go to a performance and just lose myself in worship as I sing or play and it's amazing, but I get so much peace from it. It really acts as a release. There were at least three times this week when I was having a really hard time and I had to perform. I had to tell myself, "you are not going to let whatever is going on and how you feel about it get in the way of worshiping." I know that sounds strange, but really if you are going to be in ministry the music is all about worship, not how good you sound or how talented you are. If you can't lead people to experience the presence of God then you can't help them. In and of myself there is nothing great about what I do, but if I can let Jesus shine through me while I am performing then I can reach people and actually help them and I can also get help for myself. Anyway, work was crazy this week too. I guess what it really is is that I'm not happy where I am. I don't enjoy doing what I do and it's getting to me. That may sound really immature, but it's honest. I have to keep the job to pay my bills but I can't wait until I can do something I really enjoy. I have determined, however, to make the best of things while I am there. So, I won't complain too much, just say that this week was a little harder than most for me in that department. I think I know why I never really had any career goals as a child - I never desired to be a part of the work force. I would be perfectly content staying at home or being somewhere where I could continually learn and study. Maybe that's not true, but it sounds pretty good to me right now. Oh well, moving on. Hmm, let's see, what else happened? I spent a lot of time with my nephew (yeah!!!!) and I started to plan my summer and potentially my fall. I started plans for my brother's graduation, three siblings birthday's, a family friend's wedding, and mother's day. Ya, May is going to be really busy, especially the first two weeks!!!! Anyway, so that's what my week looked like. Sort of why I didn't post too much this week and now you know why if there happens to be lack of posts for the next couple of weeks. I was going to post pictures from Easter this week but I am having technological difficulties so you will have to be patient and maybe next week I'll post some.

No comments: