Friday, April 13, 2007

The End of the Week

Well, it's the end of yet another week, at least the business part of one. I have had one crazy week and I've decided to highlight it for you just so you can see what my world has been like. I think the craziness all started with the customer who asked me out. For some odd reason that started all kinds of craziness at work, including my co-workers producing a dating application for me, which I will post below, just for laughs. BTW, I have to tip my hat to Jason for his obvious contributions to this. LOL! It seems that my love life was the topic of conversation with co-workers, customers, repair men, and who-knows who else. It seems I couldn't get away from it. Even at the school where I work the kids were dogging me this week about how old I am getting and the fact that I have no man. It was incredible, really. It was also funny. There were so many times when I was laughing so hard I was crying. Other crazy things happening, my mother staying with me this week. I see my mom a lot, but having her in my house is a whole different story. First, my mother is a total morning person and I am totally not. She is talkative and happy in the morning and I just want to be in bed and definitely not talking to anyone. It took some work to keep from asking her to just please be quiet, especially when she asked a hundred questions and my brain hadn't even registered that it was supposed to be thinking already. It was interesting, believe me. Then there were all the performances with my kids and hanging out with them and my nephew, listening to crazy music and singing along as loudly as you can, having a good time whether it was in the car or in the classroom or in the yard on recess. That was nice craziness. There was work craziness, which wasn't too bad, but got a little chaotic at times. Finally, there was family craziness which reached its peak this evening. If you have ever seen "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" and you can remember the family then you have a pretty good picture of my family. Although not quite as crazy as the family in that movie, we run a close second. We are loud and boisterous when we get together and we have a lot of fun. Tonight we were getting together to meet a cousin that we had never met. She was given up for adoption when she was born and she found her birth family when she became an adult. I have only spoken with her once and tonight we were supposed to meet her and her husband and their three children. There were 19 of us at my house tonight and boy was it crazy. This cousin is every bit as loud and crazy as we are. She fit right in, as though there had never been any separation. Her family was great and we had a really good time. We laughed so much and traded all kinds of information about our families but I couldn't help thinking the whole time that if anyone was looking in they would think, "Wow, what a crazy family!" So, that sort of sums up my week thus far. It has been a little hectic but I have had so many good times. Now to stop and breathe this weekend.
My Dating Application:
Name: _______ Phone:________ Age:_______

(These questions are very rigorous and I'm very selective. Good luck to all the candidates)
1) Have you ever been arrested? If so, for what and what is the file number?
2) What church do you go to???
3) Do you bathe every day?
4) Are you tall, dark and handsome? (Please refer to online dating guides if you do not what this means)
5) Are there any prior marriages I should know about?
6) Do you have any kids?
7) Do you believe in kissing on the first date?
8) Do you like ruining people's lives on Myspace.com?
9) Do you have a car? If so, what type is it and how much did it cost?
10) Do you have a house?
11) If you could be any animal, what would you be?
12) What makes YOU a good candidate? (Please give a 1 page types essay. Spelling and grammar does matter. No handwritten essays will be accepted)
13) Do you have a college degree and job?

So there it is. Part of the craziness that is my life. Enjoy!!!!!

1 comment:

Jacqueline said...

I think that the only question they left out was "do you have a kitchen sink?"

:-)