Monday, April 2, 2007

Miscellanious Things

Well, there is actually quite a bit I want to post but I really should narrow it down. First, something I absolutely hate: old men who gawk at you or honk while you are sitting at a bus stop. Have some respect and grow up already!!!! Looking is one thing; pawing with your eyes quite another. Ok, that's my rant for the day. Now, what I most want to post is some things from my kids. I had such a good time with them today and I love reading what they write for their grammar class. Sometimes it is super silly and then sometimes they surprise me with their grasp on life. So, here are a couple poems from sixth graders that I really liked.
Upset
I'm upset.
Not break-down-the-walls upset,
Not yell-like-an-idiot upset,
Not tear-my-homework-to-shreds upset.
Just upset about life's problems,
Just wish it would go away upset.
Upset the mosquito still bites,
Upset I have to die.
I'm upset.

I'm Sad
I'm sad.
Not crying-baby sad,
Not paper-cut sad,
Not sad like a man who lost his job
But lonely sad.
Sad that I have lost someone.
Sad that I will never see that someone again.
Sad that there are other people who feel like me.

Sometimes it amazes me what children can come up with. On a lighter note, I had one of my kids tell me that all people have "imperficalties" and we all need to work on those things but not let that keep us from loving each other. It was cute, really.

*About Me* I was raised with the thinking that one day I would grow up and get married and when I did there was one special person God had for me to marry and that's who I wanted to end up with. When the time was right God would bring that person into my life and we would both know that it was God's will for us to be together and we would choose to honor that by pledging ourselves to each other. Given this view point, my parents did not believe that you should date in order to find the right person and I was never allowed to date. When I got to college I was faced with what I would do with my training and I came to a few conclusions. 1. I also believe that there really is one person out there that God has for you that is the perfect mate for you. Do I think everyone ends up with the right person? No, but I can. Think about it this way, if God has a specific plan for your life and has certain things He wants you to do during your stay here on earth, then why would who you marry not fit into this? I see marriage and your future mate as part of your destiny. I will some back to this. 2. I don't date because I don't think you need to try out a hundred different people before you arrive at the right one. If God is God and you say you have a personal relationship with Him, why can't He bring the right person into your life and show you who you are supposed to be with without you having numerous relationships before arriving at the right one? Maybe you are of the opinion that the experiences are all good and they help you become a better person, but I for one can do without the drama of breaking up and I have no desire to practice divorce. Also, how much do you really know about the people you date? From what I've seen of dating with my numerous friends that do so it is pretty much a game. You put your best foot forward so that the other person will like you and you keep that face on as long as possible until they find out who you really are and then make a decision to either stay with you or leave you. I don't need to date to do this. I'd rather get to know someone very well and then if things move in a romantic direction at least you know what you are in for with the person. I don't want to try on people like you try on clothes at the mall. I don't think that's necessary. Now to return to what I was saying about marriage being part of your destiny. If you do believe this then when you get involved with someone who you are not supposed to be with and possibly end up marrying them you are not only messing with your own destiny and creating your own problems, you are messing with that other person's destiny as well. Can you imagine knowing that you are married to someone else's intended husband or even that you are dating someone that ultimately belongs to someone else? Maybe that's not unnerving for some of you, but it certainly is for me. So, no, I don't date, and no, I'm not worried that it will keep me from getting married. Either God is real and He knows how to take care of me, including brining my husband to me, or He's not real and I need to make things happen for myself. I've tried the later; it doesn't work. I think I'll stick with the former because He's a much better odd to gamble on, and from personal experience, He always comes through.

No comments: