Monday, January 15, 2007

New Week

It's a new week. School started last week and the semester began with the usual craziness, but somehow I still feel like I'm on break. Perhaps because the first truly full week of classes won't come until next week. Guess I'll enjoy this feeling of down time until my pleasant reverie is broken by the sudden realization that life is still happening around me and my dream of escape is just that, a dream. In all seriousness, though, I am relieved that the chaos of the holiday season has ceased and there is some sort of order to my life again. Yes, you guessed it, I am obsessive about order. I need things to be in their place and functioning in some type of routine in order to feel happy and secure. That said, I do like some adventure every now and then and the holiday season affords me that. So, I've had my fun and now it's time to "buckle down", as my mother always says, and do some work. To all those of you who returned to school as well, best of luck to you. To those who are at jobs or just functioning in the routines of everyday life, I hope you enjoy yourself. Oh, by the way, I've been looking for something funny to post. If anyone has something please drop me a note and I'll post it. There's nothing like smiling and laughing to get you off to a good start. Have a great day everyone. Cheers!!!!!

1 comment:

Scott Jaxon said...

Something funny to post? Hmmm . . . I will keep my eyes open and send you anything I find. Thanks for goodluck wishes on the new semester. Yay! This semester is going to be lots of fun! Finally, I am at the heart of seeing my work fully fledged in my mind and on the page. Success! And I am not done yet!