Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Wednesday, Part 1

Okay, so this post has two parts to it, so you have to read both parts to get the full thing. First, I finally have something funny to post. It's actually more of a humorous story than something really funny, but at least it's a start. This poem is about a 5 yr. old girl who one asked her mom where they were going when they got in car to go home. Her mother lightly responded that they were going to the moon, and the girl completely believed her. Upon pulling into her driveway, she realized that they were not going to the moon, but going home and was sadly disappointed. Her mother assured her that some day she could travel to the moon, but not that evening. The little girl was quite beside herself and really did not understand how her mother could tell her something and not mean one bit of it. She did eventually calm down, but to this day she remembers this incident.
"To the Moon"
We're goin' to the moon! My mom said so.
I got my shoes and bag; I'm ready to go.
We're getting in the car - Oh, I can't wait!
The car just started. Hold on shipmates!
Up and away; I see a star!
Here we are in the sky; the moon can be far.
Hey, wait a minute! Something is wrong.
We've been in this car WAY too long.
We're still on the street; not in the air.
And, hey, that's my house right over there.
Why'd the car stop? This isn't the moon.
No, I wanna go now, not some day soon.
You said we were goin'. You told me a lie.
I wanna go to the moon. Now I'm gonna cry.
Next time you aught to say what you mean.
Or mean what you say at the very least.
By the way, the auditions on American Idol were hilarious. I haven't laughed that hard at a TV show in a long while. I'm am amazed that people actually do that kind of thing in public. Not to mention dress the way some of them do. What were they thinking when they left their houses that day??????

No comments: