Monday, January 29, 2007

Today

What a day. I would like to say it was an emotional roller coaster but I don't think there were any highs so that doesn't fit. I hate days when it seems like everything is horrible. You logically know that is not true, but that is how you feel. Ah, the age old struggle of making your mind and your heart agree. Well, they certainly didn't agree today. My mind was saying, stay calm, nothing is that big a deal. My heart was saying just sit down and cry, the world is coming to an end (ok, maybe that's a stretch - my life is coming to an end). Isn't it amazing though how when your heart is not at rest your mind is not either? Isn't it even more scary that a woman's heart can be affected by a fluctuation in hormones? Girls, you know those days when there is absolutely no reason to cry but for whatever reason, you feel like crying and the only reason you can give is the date on the calendar? Thank goodness there is chocolate to come to the rescue. Yes, it is the female miracle cure. It really does seem to balance things out. Maybe that's why my day still hasn't calmed down - no chocolate. Hmmmm. Perhaps I should quit posting this and go remedy that. . . . . You know, I think that's a very good idea. Sorry so short and silly, but I gotta go. Chocolate is calling.

1 comment:

Scott Jaxon said...

Chocolate is great for guys too. Sometimes on those days like yours I will buy some very nice chocolate from Trader Joe's and a big block of sharp cheddar cheese - cheese and chocolate - I know, sounds an odd combination but Wowzer! It's delicious!