Saturday, August 18, 2007

Back From Vacation

Well, I'm back from my week of relaxation and I have to say I'm sorry it went so fast. It was a good week. A really good week. I spent a lot of time sleeping, reading, praying and thinking. I've had a lot on my plate the past few months and it was nice to have some time to reflect on it all. More than anything I was able to reflect on how good God has been and all the wonderful blessings He has given me. What a wonderful God I serve! I did watch Apocalypto -- I hated it. I did finally beat my brother at a game of pool -- after he beat me five games. I got about 9 to 10 hours of sleep every night, which is super great for me, and I ate more than I have in probably six months -- my clothes should fit now. Over all the week was just a nice chance to catch my breath and I'm so thankful for the opportunity to do so. The resort I stayed at was relaxing and beautiful and my brother and my friend were great company. However, I will say that I am glad to be back because, upon reflection, I realized that I love my life and what I do. Serving Jesus and being busy 24/7 with His work is the best life anyone could possibly have. I know to the human mind that seems ridiculous, but it is the truth. Also, I read some amazing things this week; things that really inspired me and helped me. Here are a couple of quotes from some things I read.
"No natural feelings are high or low, holy or unholy, in themselves. They are all holy when God's hand is on the rein. They all go bad when they set up on their own and make themselves into false gods." C. S. Lewis, The Great Divorce
"Lust is a poor, weak, whimpering whispering thing compared with that richness and energy of desire which will arise when lust has been killed." C. S. Lewis, The Great Divorce
"The one most valuable lesson humanity ought to have learned from philosophy is that it is impossible to make sense of truth without acknowledging God as the necessary starting point." John MacArthur, The Truth War

No comments: