Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Be Still

Today was an interesting day for me. The past few days have been good, bad, and hard all at the same time, but that is to be expected when you are going through a transition. Yes, I am transitioning. My life as I knew it is over and a new one is in front of me. It's funny how it all seemed to happen so suddenly, and yet, looking back it has been happening for the past 8 months. The most appropriate way to explain it is that it is very unexpected. I never knew God could be so wonderful to me; I never knew there was happiness like this to be experienced. The hard part is that the transition is still going on and there are still many changes to take place, and I have absolutely no ability in the area of patience. But, that is when God reminds me that I can do all things through Christ Who is my strength. This whole "having patience" thing is really rough for me, but today the Lord spoke something to me that let me know it is absolutely the right path to take. I was performing and I was singing a song that was talking about how Christ is our Rock and Fortress and He helps us by giving us a firm foundation to stand on. As I was singing I was thinking about everything that is going on in my life and how much I need the Lord to do different things, particularly wanting answers in a very important decision I need to make and wanting to see God do something, knowing that only divine intervention will be able to solve the situation at hand. Suddenly I saw a picture in my mind of Moses parting the Red Sea and as he did so he told them to stand still and see the salvation of the Lord. It was like the Lord was saying to me that I needed to be still, not try to do anything and watch God work and He would do the impossible. I really needed that word from Him right now. I went home and started looking up some Scriptures and it was like the Lord kept leading me to references that said the same thing: don't worry, trust Him, don't do anything but rely on Him to perform His will. I was finally led to a reference that is in one of my favorite psalms. It was so reassuring; just what I needed to hear; a great reminder of what God promises those that wait on Him. I'll post it for you because it was so good to read and just let it sink in. My prayer is that I can truly learn to do what this Scripture is talking about so that I can have the rest and rewards that it promises.
Delight yourself in the LORD;
And He will give you the desires of your heart.
Commit your way to the LORD,
Trust also in Him, and He will do it.
He will bring forth your righteousness as the light
And your judgment as the noonday.
Rest in the LORD and wait patiently for Him;
Wait for the LORD and keep His way,
And He will exalt you to inherit the land;
Psalm 37:1-7a, 34a

No comments: