Sunday, August 26, 2007

Thoughts

You know, God is so good and so merciful to us and this is never more noticeable than when we realize what a mess our lives have been and how much God has brought us out of. I can honestly say that in the almost twenty years that I have know the Lord I have made more messes and been so rebellious more times than I can count. I have willfully disobeyed the laws of God, acted as though the Lord had no right to any part of my life, decided to run my own life, and been guilty of multiple sins. Thank God, though, there is grace. I don't know why He keeps pursuing me and never gives up on me, but He does. Even when I have been farthest from Him He has run to meet me whenever I have ventured to return to Him. He has been so gracious, so forgiving, and so loving that I am in awe of Him, knowing I am in no way deserving of all the blessings He bestows on me. In so many ways and countless times in my life I have lived out the story of the prodigal son. I have taken the riches, gifts, and talents God has given me and squandered them on my own desires, on living for myself. Then, I have found myself in a deep pit, realized my horrible situation, and returned to the Lord crying out for His forgiveness and mercy. The absolutely amazing thing is that every time He has been more than willing to take me back and restore our relationship. The question is when will I stop making demands of Him and running off to run things myself only to return later more broken than when I left? My desire is to dwell in the house of the Lord forever and to remain content living His will for my life. The only way to do this is to daily live a life of repentance for the wrongs in my life and surrender to Jesus and His will for me. Then I can remain in all the blessings and prosperity that are yours when you are living in the presence of the King. These words are my prayer: "O the grace, how great a debtor, daily I'm constrained to be! Let Thy goodness, like a fetter, bind my wand'ring heart the Thee: Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it, Prone to leave the God I love; Here's my heart, O take and seal it, seal it for Thy courts above."
Here is the whole song:

No comments: