Thursday, August 9, 2007

My Day

Today. Today was...a hard day...a good day. I started out so tired and sore. Side note: I am in not-so-great physical condition and definitely need to get in shape. That is goal number one for myself this fall. Anyway, I went to work feeling pretty crumby and my job held nothing but tedious work for me. My co-worker did try to cheer me up and we listened to Bill Cosby for about an hour, which had me laughing so hard my sides hurt. It was so great to laugh like that. Work dragged on for another few hours with little happening that was interesting except maybe the delivery man that stops by a little too frequently and seems to know nothing about personal space. Then I went to spend some time with one of my pastors. She and I prayed and talked for about 3 hours at her house. Of course, being a pastor she gets numerous prayer requests every day and we prayed over as many as we could get through. I have to say, there were a couple that absolutely broke my heart. If you ever think you are having a really hard time just start finding out what other people are going through and you will realize that most of the time your situation is not all that bad. After that I went to a prayer meeting at my church and I got to spend some time with a friend I hadn't really spent time with in a while. It was great. The best part, though, was swapping stories with all my friends about what God has been doing this week. Everyone had such a sense of excitement and wanted to know what God was doing in everyone else's life. It was really cool, actually. Now I am home starting to pack for vacation. I leave on Sunday and am SOOOOOO looking forward to this. Rest and relaxation, yea! One more day of work and I am free for a whole week. Boy, that will be nice.
Here's a pic for you!

No comments: