Tuesday, August 14, 2007

My Adventures

Ok, so I am having a great time relaxing and I have been able to spend the last couple of days with my little brother, whom I absolutely love. But, I have also made an absolute fool of myself so many times in the last 48 hours, which makes for some pretty funny stories. So, here are a few. My brother and I went shopping yesterday to pick up a few things and it turned into the Great Shopping Adventure. I started out on my own while my brother was getting his hair cut, but I couldn't find the store I was looking for and I couldn't find the game section in the Target I had wandered into (I know, that's ridiculous, but oh well). My brother joined me after his haircut and he led the way to the store I couldn't find - a Blockbuster. We went inside and spent almost 20 minutes in the store trying to decide what to get. We had finally selected a few things and gone to the counter to check out. Neither one of us had an account so I decided I would sign up for one. The guy at the counter asked if I had any outstanding bills with Blockbuster and I said no. He looked at me like I was lying and proceeded to call the store nearest my house to see if I was telling the truth. I couldn't believe it, but I wasn't going to let it ruffle my feathers. I just assured him I was telling the truth and waited patiently while he made the call. When he was assured by the other store that it was ok for me to open an account he gave the form to fill out. Problem: I needed a credit card number to complete the form and I didn't have one on me. I stood there for about 2 minutes trying to figure out what to do. After a few questions, the guy continuing to treat me like I was a criminal, and absolute frustration settling in, I finally gave the guy my bank card and driver's license and asked him if that would be alright. He grudgingly accepted them and I commented that if I had know getting a movie would be so complicated I would never have come, at which point he quit speaking to me and proceeded to carry on his interactions with my brother. Oh well, part one of my adventure. We then proceeded to Target so my brother could guide me to the games section and purchase two games. Yes, I felt completely ridiculous having my brother show me the way, but I laughed the whole time trying to see the funny side of things rather than the absolutely tragic side. We then went to the grocery store to get a few things and when we were done my brother suggested we go through the self-checkout rather than go through the lines. I was hesitant to do this since I know very little about the self-checkout machines, but my brother assured me it was no problem. We started the process and I succeeded in jamming one computer, so we moved to a new one and almost jammed that one when my brother moved me out of the way and took over. He was totally disgusted with my lack of ability and let me know so. I, of course, was laughing the entire time, finding the whole situation extremely comical. We finished, I managed to actually pay using the computer and we left the store. We then went home for the night laughing about the whole Shopping Adventure. When we got home we played a game of Scrabble with our friend who was killing us the entire time until I had a stroke of luck the last two rounds and managed to win! YEA!!! We also watched a movie that had a ridiculous, hilarious 80's music video in it which my brother watched multiple times just so he could laugh. He still hasn't stopped singing the stupid song. ARGH!!! So, my first full day of vacation was quite the adventure. I loved every minute of it. Today was pretty good too. Nothing quite as exciting has happened. My brother and I spent about two hours driving around and we really enjoyed the time together. The best part was getting to pray and talk with him the entire time we were in the car. We went to the store again together but it wasn't as interesting as yesterday. He beat me two games in a row at pool, but there is always tomorrow. Heh. I hope the rest of my week is this good.

No comments: