Friday, August 24, 2007

Catch Up

It's time for some catching up. My life right now is crazy and exciting, at least for me, and there is quite a bit that has happened and quite a bit that is happening. The summer was great for the most part. I have to say that the last three months have been some of the hardest months I have ever had to go through, but they have also been some of the most fulfilling. I worked this summer which was a first for me, and it wasn't too bad. It did, however, make me wish I had another job and even started me looking for one with very little success. I gave something up that was so extremely precious to me and found that the Lord was more than gracious and rewarded me ten times over what I could have ever imagined, trading my pathetic "treasure" for something far greater than what I could have created. I was busy this summer but I finally had a vacation and that was so wonderful. The rest and relaxation was much needed and appreciated. My favorite highlights of the summer were the things I saw God do. He brought new people across my path that were there at just the right time, He saved a young man in a detention center and gave him new hope for his life, He made it possible for us to have an absolutely amazing July 4th presentation at my church, He started a spark of faith in the college group at church that has grown into a small fire and I hope will continue to grow, and He taught me the absolute value and power of prayer by answering a cry of my heart that I had been uttering for the past 8 months. He did so many things and I can't thank Him enough or talk about it enough. To top it all off He is still working and continues to do wonderful things. If the past three months have been this good I can only imagine what the next four will be like. This semester I am working with a therapist doing research as well as studying for the GRE so I can retake it. I hope to take a couple of classes next semester and maybe continue my research as well. Graduate school is going to wait for at least a year and then I will see what happens. I am still looking for a different job and maybe I will find one this semester. My performance schedule is as busy as ever and shows signs of increasing, which should be interesting. I am extremely optimistic about the next few months and have a sense that great things are about to happen. Whatever happens I know the Lord is with me and He directs my steps so I will always be taken care of.

No comments: