Monday, February 26, 2007

Nothing Great

Ok, I don't have much to post this morning and I probably won't be on again today unless something incredible happens and I can't keep from writing about it. I have a huge amount of stuff to do and I really should get it done. I've been sort of fooling around for the last two weeks and now I need to focus and actually get something done, you know be a responsible adult and all that. So, there isn't much interesting happening in my life at this point. Research, work, church, the usual. Of course, every day seems to somehow end up being an adventure of its own, but that isn't out of the ordinary for me. Well, that's about it. I found this song online and I like it alright so I thought I'd post it for you.


*About Me* General info about me that isn't all that interesting. My arts experiences: I started piano lessons around age six and they continued through part of high school and then again in college. I took art classes from the time I was 10 until I was 15 or 16. I had a couple years of ballet classes (oh gag me) and some other dance classes here and there. I took a few voice lessons when I was twelve but then never received any other formal training until my second year of college. However, I have been singing in church since I was eight years old. I have been in several school/church plays, performed musically in some fashion or another in almost every type of environment imaginable and have decided that performing for a grade or a score is the worst type of performing possible. Favorite type of music to perform (outside of the stuff I do with my church group on a regular basis) is jazz. I love the improv and the scatting. It's so great to have the freedom to do whatever you want with the music you are singing or playing and to actually feel like you are creating music and not just reading the notes on a page.

No comments: