Monday, February 19, 2007

Something Short

This post won't be long and maybe I'll post something else later. I have a question, not that I'm expecting anyone to actually answer it; it's just occupying my thoughts right now. Why do we have to hurt? Why do we have to experience things in life that make us hurt? You know that dull ache that you can feel in your heart and the pit of your stomach all at the same time? The one that makes everything in life seem so totally pointless, at least for the moment? The one that causes days to melt into each other and before you know it so much time has gone by yet still the hurt stays? Why is that? What causes that? Of course I could answer that usually we cause it in some way or another, or those around us that do things wrong, or mistreat us or hurt themselves thus hurting us; I could go on forever. Still, I am wondering why. I suppose to not hurt would not be human and that if I didn't hurt then I wouldn't know what it was like to be happy and not hurt. Oh well. There are too many philosophical questions in this post and I think I will stop before it becomes overwhelming. At least there is the hope that tomorrow will be better and the assurance that there are the arms of an Everlasting Father to fall back into and just be held.

No comments: