Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Valentine's Day

Today was Valentine's Day. It was a great day. I have to say that of everything I got (which don't start looking wide-eyed; it wasn't that much) my favorite things were two perfect Argentinian pink roses that my brother gave me and Andes mints given to me by my niece. They made my day. So, I got candy and flowers and a few other things and the day was great. The part I most enjoyed was putting together special gifts for my sisters. It took me time and effort, but I loved every minute of it and it made my day special. For those who don't know how this holiday originated (no, it wasn't with Hallmark) there are numerous stories out there but it is a holiday that has been around for around 1500 years and was established as a day to celebrate those you love, not only your sweetheart but anyone that is special to you. I am glad for the day because it gives me a great opportunity to tell my friends and family how much they mean to me. So, let me take the opprtunity right now: I love you all and hope your day was as good as mine. 'Til next time.

1 comment:

Scott Jaxon said...

Awww! Your post made me feel all warm and fuzzy.