Wednesday, February 7, 2007

What We Can't Have

Why is it we as humans always seem to want what we can't have? Why do we desire the things that are not good for us? Why do we become attached to what we shouldn't? Of course I have answers for all these questions, but that doesn't change the every day living of them. I just sometimes wish I could get outside myself, shake myself out of my stupor, and then do what I know is good for me. I know I can do it, I know I probably will do it, but why does there have to be such a struggle over it? Why can't I see trouble coming a mile away and stay away from it? Even when I do see it I manage to talk myself out of being cautious and the next thing you know I'm involved in something I wish I had never come across. Why can't I stop doing this? I suppose it will be a lifelong struggle, as it is for everyone. I guess that's why the Apostle Paul said he had to die daily to himself. Even he struggled with this, asking why it was that the good he willed to do he did not do and the evil he did not wish to do he ended up doing. However, there is hope, if I will only accept it (in every area, not just the ones I choose). Paul said, "Oh, wretched man that I am, who deliver me from this body of death? But thanks be to God Who giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ!" If there has been anything I have learned in life it is that there is victory in Jesus. No matter what the situation, what the problem, He can make us victorious if we let Him. So, I guess then, the thing to do is to let Him. Lord, help me let you be victorious in my life!

*About me* I remember starting school when I was 4 and I actually liked it (that would change later). For those who know how curious I am, this was all started in preschool/kindergarten when I was introduced to learning, and it hasn't stopped. I love finding out new things, examining all things, and being taught. There is nothing quite like having a revelation of what someone is talking about and knowing that you have grasped some new knowledge that will be with you for the rest of your life and when that knowledge can be used to gain more knowledge that is even more exciting.

No comments: