Sunday, February 25, 2007

The Weekend

It's the end of the weekend and I must say it was a pretty good weekend at that. I had some fun, got some serious practicing in, thought (a lot!!!), actually got my room clean (amazingly, it can happen), and learned a few new things. I actually went to a movie (the first since sometime early last year) and got to hang out with my friends (and several family members; but then, they seem to be a part of everything I do). That was probably the best part of my weekend. We went to see "Amazing Grace" and I have to say that the movie was really good. There was so much about it that was good I couldn't even post it all here, and besides, everyone should see it for themselves. Really, it was that good and I'm so glad I went. Anyway, I'm still in a bit of a silly mood (see last post) so I thought I'd steal a survey from one of my friend's blogs and post it here. It can double as both my post and my *About Me* section for this time. So, here goes.
Thinking Meme
1. If you had to choose one vice in exclusion of all others what would it be?
definitely chocolate; it's not even close

2. If you could change one specific thing about the world what would it be?
The fact that there are far too many mindless women and most men appear to be sadly lacking as well.

3. Name the cartoon character you identify with the most.
Marvin the Martian - he seems so smart and so stupid all at once.

4. If you could live one day in your life over again which one would it be?
There are too many to choose just one, but one of them would definitely be the day I hurt a good friend in an attempt to get myself out of trouble.

5. If you could go back in history and spend a day with one person who would it be?
I think I'd rather just be given the opportunity to get inside the minds of so many famous historical people: J. S. Bach, Jane Austin, Edgar Allen Poe, Albert Einstein, George Washington Carver, Sojourner Truth, I could go on forever. The one person I would actually love to have seen in their day would have to be Jesus. I would love to have seen the miracles and watch the reactions of those around Him and then, of course, to experience actually being in the physical presence of God - that would be awesome.

6. What is the one thing you lost, sold or threw away that you wish you could have back?
Does that mean material or non-material things? For the first, nothing too important. For the second, lost relationships with very dear friends.

7. What is your one most important contribution to this world?
Could I get back with you on that?

8. What is your one hidden talent that nearly no one knows about?
Does there only have to be one and what makes it a talent? I prefer to keep them hidden and go on thinking they are talents rather than exposing them and having someone inform me that they are definitely not.

9. What is your most cherished possession?
My Bible. I've had it since I was 15 and I have marked in it and underlined all over it. I've written promises God has given me and dated passages that meant a lot to me during certain periods of my life. It's nice to read it and be reminded if things God did for me or times when His Word comforted me.

10. What one person influenced your life the most when growing up?
Given the various circumstances of my life there isn't just one, but my mom has influenced me the most in my relationship with the Lord and believing that Jesus is so real and my vice-principal for grades 5 - 12 influenced me to always strive to know more and experience more in life.

11. What one word describes you better than any other?
Yikes!!!!

No comments: