Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Thought For the Day

I don't have anything great to post, kinda unable to put my thoughts into words right now. So if I ramble or you find yourself saying, "huh?" don't worry about it. I will say this, I have finally come to the point were I can openly admit I don't really know much. My ideas are just that, ideas with very little resemblance to anything in reality. All the things I think I am so sure of turn out to be simply shadows of assurances, they seem to disappear so quickly. Why is it I can be so sure of myself and so confident of my opinions when in reality they are merely opinions held by someone who is sadly lacking in so many areas? For those of you who thought I'd never see it, don't worry, I've known it for quite a while; but there is always this masquerade called life that everyone plays and in the end aren't we all pretending to be so many things we are not? We all put on our masks and parade through life as whatever it is we want to be, always trying to stay one step ahead of everyone else lest they find out who we really are. Then someone gets close enough to you to take the mask off and we, fearing what the reaction will be to the what is under the mask, quickly pull away, back to safety and back to the masquerading. What a cycle. This all leaves me very unsure of a great many things, including my own persona. I have, however, reached some sort of conclusion. There is only one thing I am absolutely sure of, that I absolutely know: God is good and He loves me despite all the craziness that is me. No matter what I say, do or think, He is always right there loving me, helping me stay on the right track, encouraging me to keep going no matter what happens, and I absolutely love Him for it.

Just cuz.

1 comment:

Scott Jaxon said...

wow, very profound insight.