Friday, February 2, 2007

Friday

It's been three days since I last posted and I decided I should probably write something. Life right now is busy, but there is hope it will slow down (at least for the next few weeks). Graduate applications are done, research is begun, and there are at least two months before the next major holiday. Ah, breathing room. Things of interest lately are the American Idol auditions, which make me laugh so hard I cry (where do they get these people from?), reading a biography of a Chinese preacher from the 1920's - 40's (amazing man, amazing insight), listening to music (I know it sounds weird but I hardly ever get to just sit and enjoy music), and writing (which I haven't done much of in the last three years). Things I'm working on include learning how to pray more (Lord knows I need it), learning to show the love of Christ rather than the judgment of Christ (a hard pill to swallow), and learning how to let Jesus live through me and manifest Himself so people can see Him in any circumstance I am in. Of course there are so many more thing I can work on, but as my grandmother always says, "Rome wasn't built in a day". So, that about sums up what I want to say. I hope you all have a great weekend and if anything interesting happens I'll be sure to post it.

3 comments:

Scott Jaxon said...

Yes, it is about time you wrote something! :-) I don't watch TV (except when I am trapped in a hotel room with one - then 3 hours fly by- like last night - I was captivated by Grey's Anatomy, Local News C-Span & Bill O'Reilly.

Biographies are amazing. In one book a person's life, their thoughts, decisions and how they felt and acted in the world become powerfull tools in guiding my own life and how I want to live. I'd love to find a new biography to read. The last one I read was Losing You by Bruce Wagner - not so much a biography but a look into the goings on of different lifestyles, religions and beliefs about dying and death.

Jacqueline said...

ok. So, I read your post. I had a thought. Clicked on "comments" to post it. Read the comment from "theunknownpoet" and promptly forgot what I was going to say.

Well, just know I WAS going to say something. They say it's the thought that counts....

femaleparadox said...

Jacq,
you are too funny. I do appreciate your posts. Thanks for letting me know.