Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Nothing Too Important

I know it's been several days since I posted. I am sorry. I did want to post, but technical difficulties kept me from it. So, now I need to do a bit of catching up. My weekend was actually really nice. I was able to relax a bit and be with my family just enjoying each other's company. I saw a really strange old movie (still haven't figured out what the point was), spent some time working on homework (oddly enough I enjoyed it), and finally got some sleep. Sunday was a really good day too. Church was just, I don't know, great. Kinda like when a thirsty person gets a drink and it is a drink that they really enjoy. It was so refreshing. Then, Sunday night I was with the college group from church and we had a really good time together. There is nothing like being with your friends and being able to just hang out. It is a Bible Study of sorts, but thats great because we do all the sharing, so you can hear what each person is experiencing with God for themselves and then we compare notes on Scriptures and things that the Lord is talking to us about from the Bible. Of course there is also the laughing and joking that goes on with the occassional jab (or sometimes not too occassional jab) at each other, but that just makes us friends who like being around each other. Monday at work was a little hectic, but oh well. Nothing too terrible. Besides, you can't have everything in life in slow motion. Today, well it's just started and I think it will be a great day. I will have the opportunity to be with my nephew this afternoon (yaaa!) and I also have to finish some shopping tonight, which is great because I haven't been to a store to shop in forever (yes, I am a female, just haven't gotten around to shopping recently). So, that about sums up my life for the last three days. Hope you all had a great weekend and are ready for the rest of the week. Good luck!

*About Me* The single most important point in my life came on July 14, 1989. That was the day I met Jesus and asked Him to forgive me of my sins and be the Lord and Saviour of my life. It was not an emotional experience, I did not have some strange feeling or experience anything out of the ordinary, but my life changed forever. I entered into a realtionship with God and His Son Jesus and I was filled with His Spirit a short time later. That moment when I surrendered to Him began something in me that is still at work today. I have not lived a perfect Christian life, I have turned my back on God several times, I have questioned the Lord more times than I care to admit; but through it all He has been so faithful, so loving and gentle with me, and has never failed to come searching for me to bring me back to Him. He has never failed me, never rejected me, and always been there waiting for me to look to Him as the source of my life, and I love Him for it.

No comments: