Friday, February 9, 2007

The Week

Well, I am home tonight instead of out like I planned, so I thought I'd log on and post something. Hmm. Now I seem to be having a mental block and can't think of anything to write. Guess I'll sum up my week in a few short phrases. What's made me laugh: American Idol, LOL!!! I've never seen so many ridiculous things in my life! I have never been so embarrassed for someone and so horrified all at the same time. What's made me cry: disappointment and the harsh realization that somethings just don't work out. What's made me happy: being with my kids at the school where I work. They may be brats at times but they definitely know how to put a smile on my face. Also, because it's Black History Month my groups been performing many of the Negro Spirituals and old school gospel music, and I love singing them. What's made me think: conversations with and feedback from friends and with the One Who is all important in my life. I've been more challenged this week to live what I believe than I have been in a long while, but, then, that's good for me. Isn't it? Thank God He is faithful and doesn't leave me stranded when I am having a hard time and He always knows when I've had enough and steps in and takes over. I can't even tell you how good He is to me, but I hope my life is such that you can see it in me.

*About Me* When I was 8, my parents were legally separated and that was a huge culture shock for me. They were granted joint custody and thus started my life of living half the week with one parent and half with the other, splitting holidays and vacations, and attending two different churches. Talk about leading a double life! There has been nothing else in my life, save my salvation experience and my relationship with the Lord, that has affected me so deeply. The next several years of my life would prove to be some of the toughest I have ever had.

No comments: