Sunday, February 4, 2007

Sunday Night

I know this post will probably have very little interest to most of you, but I'm going to post it anyway. I have just finished watching the American Idol auditions from L. A. and I have not laughed that hard in forever. I was actually crying I was laughing so hard. I'm still laughing about it. There were so many ridiculous things on that show. I know, it's reality TV but it is so funny!! I just can't get over how someone can actually get up in front of people who they know are going to critique them and do the things they do. It's not just bad singing, it is completely and utterly ridiculous behavior (not to mention dancing that should be outlawed). The parading these people do is outrageous, and what is even more incredulous is that they think they are really something. Did no one ever tell these people the truth or did they simply not care to listen? I can't even imagine that the most musically ignorant people would think that some of these people had any business auditioning for this show. Of course, I know that some of it is staged, but that only goes so far. They still had to find people willing to behave this way on national television. Oh, well. I'm getting a kick out of it. So, to all those who should never, but unfortunantely will audition, thanks for entertaining me!

1 comment:

Jacqueline said...

Ah, American Idol. Can you believe that some people have the audacity to yell at the judges simply because they didn't make it?

Soapbox: I hate the world of today. The PC world in which everybody gets a trophy and nobody is ever told "no, you aren't good enough. Try and discover your own strengths." It makes me so mad I almost can't watch the show. But, entertainment is an amazing thing, and I do get a kick out of the morons who think they can sing...