Friday, July 13, 2007

A Long Post

I tried to post yesterday but my internet connection rebelled and refused to let me. So, you get two posts in one. Actually, I have a million thoughts and hundreds of subjects I want to talk about because they are filling my thoughts so I will post little bits of different things.
LOVE: what is it and when do you know if it's true or not? As someone who has been in love with love more times than I can count I have a lot of experience with feelings that are not love. But if those feelings are not love, what is? I know that loves comes from God because the Bible says that God is love and true love has all the attributes of God - it is patient, kind, unending, unconditional, not selfish. So, infatuation, attraction, and lust cannot be love; but sometimes it is so hard to tell the difference between those feelings and real love. Perhaps time is the ultimate factor in determining what real love is. If it lasts, then it must be true; if it doesn't, then it must not be. Is that really a valid argument? Also, while you can't control who you are attracted to and those whom you seem to "connect" with, you can control what you do with that person and you can choose whether or not you will live your life in love with them or live your life without them. In all honesty, I'm not quite sure how that works out and I can say from personal experience that it is one hard thing to do, but it can be done. For those of you who would argue against making a decision like that, what if you had an attraction or a connection with someone that was a horrible person? Should you choose to stay with them because of that connection, or should you do what is best and move away from them? Ultimately, the only thing I absolutely know is that no matter how I feel if I will do what is right, what is best, then things will work out for the best, even if it means that things aren't so great in the meantime.
WHY I HATE BEING A WOMAN: No, I haven't lost my mind. I don't really hate being a woman. In fact, I don't think I could handle being a man (I would hate myself) and I have no desire to be one, but, there are definite down sides to the female state. I hate that I am so darn emotional! It is so annoying that as a woman your emotions play into almost everything you do. Why can't I just make clean, sometimes cold, decisions about things and move on. NOOOOO, I have to have some sort of emotional tie to just about everything, and it can keep me from doing the things I need to do. Darn it!!!!! Also, this whole hormone thing - we definitely got the raw end of the deal. Hormones should not have the power to change your mood, your physical well being, or your schedule! It's wrong that men don't have to experience any of it and can understand even less. Lastly, I wish that being independent as a woman didn't mean that you are either a female wanting to be a man or a woman that hates men. I am neither, but I am very independent. My independence does not have anything to do with men at all. It just means I have a desire to be a mature, responsible adult who can take care of herself and doesn't need to rely on a man or any other human being to take care of her. My independence is more a symbol of my competence and ability than a reflection of my view of those around me. For some reason, though, most of the people I know miss that point.
FUN POINT: I love being with my kids. For the past two days we have had some extra rehearsals so they can learn some new songs, and let me tell you, there were some very interesting occurrences. Things got a little silly the first day, but yesterday they were totally silly. On Wednesday, there was the usual talking and giddiness, the annoying of each other and egging each other on, and the general kids being kids that goes on. Yesterday, day we took things to a different level. The kids were getting tired and, thankfully, they let it out by being silly. There were farting jokes, bad breath jokes, crazy dancing and antics (LOL!!!), talking and singing in different voices and accents, pretending to be opera stars, and of course mistakes that were just too funny to keep going on. At the end of rehearsal it started to rain and I let the kids go outside for a while. There was this incredible rainbow in the sky and with the rain falling on us, everything was gorgeous. The kids ran around and rolled in the wet grass for a while before we went back in. It was great! Definitely a nice break for them and me.
NOTE OF INTEREST: Recently I have been looking for information on scientist who are Christians. I don't mean preachers who know something about science. I mean real scientist who practice and currently do research in their field of study. I have been having several conversations with several friends about various science topics and I was wondering what a scientist with a belief in God would think or say about said topics. It took me a while and I was beginning to think none existed, but in the past two weeks I have found more websites, blogs, and publications than I know what to do with. There really are credible scientific arguments and debates out there about the earth and its laws and origins that are based in the Bible and Christian beliefs. For those truly curious enough to look and seek out what a Christian perspective is as well as plausible arguments for those things we cannot prove, there is plenty of information out there.

No comments: